21 Super Effective Ways To Grow Your Email List
In this post, 21 super effective ways to grow your email list, I'm not going to spend any time trying to persuade you about the reasons to grow your email list.
For that, you can go to a previous post of mine, 5 Key Reasons Why You Need To Ignite Your List Building.
Instead, we're going to dive right into the 21 super effective ways to grow your email list, so you can get into action right away!
1. Ensure you're using outstanding and unique email content.
Your personality should come through. Make them engaging and humorous so when your subscribers receive one of your emails, not only are they laughing, but they'll also be sharing them with their friends, family, and colleagues.
2. Run and promote online contests or challenges. There are people who live for nothing more than to enter and participate in contests and challenges.
So give these kinds of people want they want. Create a contest or challenge, have some prizes available, and in turn for signing up to your email list, participants get to enter for a chance to win.
And you win too, because now they're on your list!
3. Create a FREE lead magnet. Have you got an ebook, a white paper, a checklist, a cheat sheet, or some type of template that visitors to your site would find useful and benefit from? Awesome! Give it away for FREE in exchange for an email address from your site visitor.
4. Use social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to promote one of your lead generation offers. For example, whenever I run a blogging challenge, I'll use Facebook and Twitter to promote it. And this brings me more subscribers.
5) Create an online tool or resource that site visitors can have access to in exchange for their email address.
6) Encourage your current email subscribers to share and forward your emails by including social media buttons within your emails as well as an "Email to a friend" button within your marketing emails.
7) Make sure you have links to subscription offers on every important page on your site. These include your home page, all blog pages, and your About page. Additionally, these offers should appear in more than one place on each page, e.g., the sidebar, within the content itself, in the footer, and even within a popup.
8) In guest posts you place on other sites, be sure to include a call-to-action in your byline and a link so readers can subscribe to your site's blog or email database.
9) Schedule list building campaign sprints throughout the year.
You could do this by running several consecutive contests over a period of 1 or 2 months, running advertising sprints over a couple of months instead of 365 days per year, doing a joint venture with another blogger, such as a joint webinar.
Use your imagination, as there are lots of ways you can find to run list building campaign sprints.
10) Use the very best tools you can get your hands on.
In my opinion. there is no better set of tools than the ones that come bundled all together when you have a yearly subscription to Thrive Themes. See the box below.
With Thrive Themes You Get All Of The Tools You Need To Build Your Site, Attract Traffic, And Grow Your Email List
- Conversion focused WordPress themes and plugins.
- Thrive Leads - the only WordPress list building plugin built from the ground up with conversion optimisation in mind.
- Thrive Content Builder - the fastest, most intuitive front-end visual editor for WordPress.
- Landing Pages, sales pages, squeeze pages, lead-generation pages that are conversion optimised and fully customisable. They're hosted on your own site and ready to go with just a few clicks!
When you have a subscription to Thrive Themes, you also get a ton of training included and there's new training being provided on an ongoing basis.
You really don't need any other tools to build your site and capture email addresses. The Thrive Themes membership has everything you need, and the quality of their products is second to none.
I highly recommend you check them out at Thrive Themes.
11) Use paid traffic to build your list faster. You might love creating content, like I do, and be really good at it too. But if you've got some funds to spare, then you're definitely going to want to put some of those spare funds into advertising what you have to offer to the world.
With Google Adwords you don't even need to worry about SEO. If you're willing to spend the money you can get your site right to the top of the page. The only caveat is that Adwords is not cheap.
So, a better alternative would be to take a look at Facebook. You can build custom audiences and the CPC is far lower than you're going to be paying with Google Adwords.
And there's also Instagram, which I've heard works great if you know how to use it right, but I haven't and therefore can't comment on it. However, I have used Facebook and I can tell you that it works.
12) Segment your offerings and your audiences and then create several different opt-in offers.
If you want an great example of a company that does this, check out the Copyblogger website. They offer several different opt-in incentives based on what "you want to learn right now." They offer a Design Series, a Content Series, a Traffic Series, and a Conversion Series.
So, regardless of what you're blogging about, you can also segment your offerings and your audience and create several different opt-ins for each.
13) If you're creating Youtube videos, remember to add a call-to-action button at the end of the videos so you can gather some new emails.
14) Have an email newsletter? Try mentioning an influential Twitter user in your email newsletter, tweet about it, and maybe that influential Twitter user will retweet to his or her followers.
15) Ask your social media followers to join your email list or your newsletter list.
16) Offer an email course, e.g., "15 days to build your list or bust."
17) Create an infographic your audience will want, offer it to them for their own use on their sites, and require them to opt-in to receive it.
18) Create dedicated sales pages for each one of the offers on your site. Each of your offers or services should have its very own sales page directed at the specific individuals who are looking for that product or service.
19) Offer your site visitors a discount on their next purchase from you when they sign up for your newsletter.
20) Offer FREE pdf versions of your most popular blog content in exchange for your visitor's email address.
21) Make it quick and painless for people to sign up. Don't use a link to an opt-in page or box, make sure that opt-in is right on the page and appears in more than one place.
That's my version of 21 super effective ways to grow your email list. But I'd like to hear from you and what you personally have found super effective in growing your email list. If it's a really good one, I'll be happy to add it to this list and add a link back to your website or blog.
So you've got nothing to lose by adding to this list in the comments section below.